Benefits of green logistics for any company
Green logistics, also known as sustainable logistics, bring a number of significant benefits to any company that decides to adopt this responsible approach that favors the environment and caring for the planet.
Most companies use logistics to transport and distribute their shipments to suppliers, intermediaries, and customers domestically or internationally. Adopting green logistics offers a number of advantages for any organization that implements it in its day-to-day operations:
- Reduction of ecological damage in transportation: Adopting sustainable processes and technologies in logistics helps to reduce the environmental impact of freight transportation. By choosing more efficient vehicles and optimizing routes, the emission of greenhouse gases and other pollutants is reduced, helping to combat climate change.
According to the European Commission, transport emissions currently account for around 25% of the European Union’s (EU) total greenhouse gas emissions, so reducing this impact is essential to meeting climate neutrality targets.
- New business opportunities: Green logistics not only benefits the environment but can also boost innovation and business growth. Logistics companies that embrace sustainability can identify new business opportunities, such as developing green transportation services or attracting customers who value environmental responsibility.
- Cost minimization: Although the initial adoption of green logistics practices may require investments, in the long term, these actions often lead to a reduction in operating costs. Optimization of transport routes, efficiency in the use of resources and reduction of waste contribute to higher profitability.
- Improved corporate reputation: Reducing carbon footprint and commitment to sustainability improves company image and consumer perception. The reputation of a company with a reduced carbon footprint not only translates into competitive advantages but can also attract investment and business partners committed to pro-environmental values.
- Regulatory compliance: Environmental regulations and sustainability standards are becoming increasingly stringent around the world. Adopting green logistics practices allows companies to comply with these regulations and avoid penalties, as well as staying aligned with the goals set by institutions such as the United Nations (UN).
A transport company that implements green logistics
Institutions such as the European Commission aim to reduce emissions from transport by 90 % by 2050, as set out in the European Green Pact.
At Logisber we strongly value sustainability in all our freight forwarding operations. Not only is it about getting goods to their destination faster or more effectively, but it is also about making transportation beneficial for the planet. If you would like your shipments to be sustainable, contact Logisber now and our team will explain how we carry out green logistics.